Somerset SENDIAS (Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support) provides information, advice and support about Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) for parent carers, children and young people up to the age of 25, including Independent Support to help through the Education, Health and Care (EHC) Assessment and Plan process.
Somerset SENDIAS is an information, advice and support service for:
- parent carers of disabled children and those with SEN;
- disabled children and those with SEN;
- disabled young people and those with SEN.
The service is:
Somerset SENDIAS offers:
- information and guidance relating to special educational needs and disability law through the Somerset SENDIAS website and range of leaflets
- a telephone enquiry line and email support
- individual support to help with matters relating to SEND
- an Independent Supporter to help with the Education, Health and Care (EHC) Assessment and Planning process, including Personal Budgets and Direct Payments
- help with accessing mediation and SEND tribunals
- support to SEND groups across Somerset
- information on the Local Offer
- signposting to other services
You can contact SENDIAS on 01823 355578 or email
The service is free, confidential and impartial.
You can find out more by:
- Visiting the SENDIAS website
- Phone: 01823 355578 (10am to 3pm during term times)